Want to avoid a costly air conditioner repair? Here are a few simple tips for maintaining your air conditioner:
- Change HVAC filter every one-three months
- Keep outdoor condenser unit free of debris
- Have an annual inspection of your air conditioner by a certified technician
Your air conditioner:
- Check to make sure your circuit breaker wasn’t tripped.
- Check to see if there is a blown fuse. You can use an ohm meter.
- Make sure your thermostat is set to cooling and that the set point is below the temperature in the space.
- A plugged/dirty filter can prevent airflow across your indoor coil and can damage your unit. Changing your filters on a monthly basis will prolong system life, reduce your energy consumption and lessen the chance of a breakdown.