Want to avoid a costly washing machine repair? Here are a few simple tips for maintaining your washer:
- If you have an H-E washing machine, use only H-E detergent
- Run machine through clean cycle monthly if applicable (Please note: not all machines have a clean cycle – check your operator’s manual)
- Check the power supply (cord, breaker, fuse).
- Make sure the lid is closed completely.
- Make sure the water faucets are on.
- If it is draining as it fills, the drain hose is probably too low. Raise the height of the tub or standpipe.
- Make sure there isn’t a kink in the hose.
- Check for any obstructions, such as small clothing items, that could be stuck in the drain system.
- Make sure the washer isn’t overloaded.
- Check to make sure there are no clothes stuck in the washer.