Want to avoid a costly dishwasher repair and save money on your energy bill? Here are a few simple tips for maintaining your dishwasher:
- Run unit through a regular cycle with no detergent on a monthly basis; add a recommended dishwasher cleaner to eliminate buildup
- Ensure dishwasher is loaded per the use and care guide of your machine
- Scrape dishes off to remove solids; dishes should not need to be pre-rinsed
- Check for a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse.
- Check the wall socket for power using a voltmeter or plugging something else in.
- Make sure the water valve is fully open.
- Make sure there is no debris blocking the holes inside the spray arms.
- Check that the water temperature is 120 degree Fahrenheit when entering the dishwasher.
- Try using more soap in your dishwasher.
- Check to make sure the drain hose is not clogged.
- If your model uses a belt to drive the pump, make sure the belt is not broken.