Want to avoid a costly range repair? Here are a few simple tips for maintaining your range:
- Spot-clean stains in your oven and on your range right after cooking
- When spot-cleaning doesn’t cut it, run the self-clean cycle
- Do not cover the oven bottom with foil; it can damage the liner
- Check for a tripped circuit breaker or blown fuse.
- Make sure there is power coming to the wall outlet by plugging something else in or using a voltmeter.
Check to make sure the burner is clean and not clogged.
Make sure the controls are set properly.
Try tightening or replacing the bulb.
Leave the house immediately and call 911.