Want to avoid a costly water heater repair and save money on your energy bill? Here are a few simple tips for maintaining your water heater:
- Keep area around your water heater clear of combustible products
- Keep air intakes free of lint, dust and dirt by vacuuming on a regular basis
- Check operation of temperature/pressure relief and drain valve annually
My water heater:
Check the power supply (cord, fuse, breaker, etc.).
- Check the control settings
- Check the sediment level in the tank. The tank may need to be flushed.
- The tank may be undersized for its usage
- If water is leaking near the heating element gasket, you may need to have this replaced.
- Check the value/faucet to make sure it is tight.