Want to avoid a costly furnace repair? Here are a few simple tips for maintaining your furnace:
- Change HVAC filter every one-three months
- Maintain a three-foot clearance around your furnace
- Have an annual inspection of your furnace by a certified technician
My furnace is:
- Check that your thermostat is set to heat and that the temperature is set higher than the room temperature.
- Check to make sure your circuit breaker wasn’t tripped.
- Check that the thermostat is set at your usual setting.
- Check to make sure you have a clean filter in the unit.
Be sure to check nearby sources, such as a floor drain, freezer or humidifier. If the water is coming from the furnace, it is best to have a professional look at it.